We hope that you have enjoyed this year’s spring and summer, but we can now look forward to the autumn and a new season of activities. Please do remember to renew your subscriptions; your membership is important to maintain the size of our voice. Headlines for this newsletter are:
- The forthcoming Heritage Open Days. Please do visit our exhibition on Saturday 8th September.
- Brian & Margaret have put together another interesting programme of lectures for 2018/19
- Allerdale BC Development Panel have refused the application for a B&M Development on Low Road
- Following the repairs to Market Place, we have submitted proposals for panels to cover the now defunct uplighters, and have prepared a draft of a new booklet, ‘Exploring Market Place’.
- We have submitted a nomination for Cockermouth in the national competition organised by Civic Voice to find the nation’s ‘favourite conservation area’.
- We now have a Local List & are preparing our next nominations
Please also read our statement on the holding of personal data under the new ‘General Data Protection Regulation’.